Dry Eye Clinic
Dry eye disease is not a trivial matter to many people. It is a condition that can dramatically impact the quality and comfort of your life. Although over the counter treatments are available, many times they are not effective or even make the problem worse!
Your tears are a very sophisticated solution created by multiple structures of your eye. Dr. LaBrosse evaluates each component to pinpoint your particular tear deficiency issues so she can create a comprehensive treatment plan.
The Dry Eye Assessment includes:
- Entering symptom questionnaire
- Review of your systemic medical conditions and medications (This is very important! Please make sure you bring a complete list of your medications with you as many have eye side effects.)
- Non-invasive tear layer and gland imaging using the Oculus Keratograph 5M
- Blink quality
- Ocular surface examination utilizing vital dyes to determine tissue integrity
- Visual acuity and contrast sensitivity measurement
Dry Eye Treatment
Using the information gathered in the Dry Eye Assessment, your treatment plan may include some of the following:
- Nutritional supplementation
- Eyelid hygiene instructions
- Botanical eyelid treatments or eye washes
- Moist heat eyelid compresses
- Punctal occlusion to reserve your tear volume on the surface of your eye
- Meibomian gland expression to treat lipid deficiency
- BlephEx microexfoliation of the eyelid margins to treat blepharitis (eyelid inflammation)
- Medical intervention with products like Restasis to boost tear volume
For more information, schedule an appointment with Dr. Deana LaBrosse OD and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.